We are always interested in taking on new properties, so if you are thinking about renting out your home here in Andalucia, then we would love to hear from you. We can help to guide you through the requirements involved in getting your property “rental ready” and then work with you and your property to provide quality client bookings.
Step 1 - Property details
If you are thinking of renting your property and would like to have it included in our portfolio of properties, the first thing to do is to ensure that you have all of the necessary information about the property to hand.
What we will need in the first instance:
- Before we can do anything, you need to ensure that your property is fully registered (with a VTAR number) and you can legally rent it out. We can discus this with you if you are not sure about this.
- A few photographs and a bit of a description. A link to your own website or some photos sent via email (nothing professional at this point) will be fine.
- Some information about the location and the surroundings (town house, remote cortijo for example).
- What your current rental status is (new / existing renter, with other agencies, any exclusive contracts etc).
- Anticipated availability of the property (closed during winter for example)
Step 2 - Contact us
We can be contacted by phone during the office opening hours, or if you prefer, by email at any time. Or you can drop into our office and we can discuss your property rental in person over a cup of tea at a time that suits you.
How to get information to us:
- We have an owner file sharing area (private for each owner) and can send you a unique link for uploading images and documents
- You can just email us with a brief description of the property and a few photos and we can call you back to further discuss. Please include your name and telephone number so that we can contact you.
- You can send us a link to your own file sharing area or to your own website so that we can see the property there.
(We will always try and answer your email within 1 business day. Occasionally email does find its way into spam – so if you do not hear from us in a reasonable time, then please do resend the email or give us a call – we never purposely ignore communications!)
Step 3 - We get together and visit your property
At this stage, you will already have an idea of how we work and we will have looked over the photos/details of your property and will both be happy to proceed to the next stage. We visit every property that we take on, so will agree with you a mutually suitable time to view the property and meet you (or your caretaker / house manager).
This is a fairly informal visit, normally done by one of our client facing so that they have the best knowledge about your property when discussing it with potential clients that wish to book. During this visit, we gather information about the property, the surroundings and the local area.
Step 4 - Details and photographs
After our initial visit, we will make arrangements for the photographer to come to the property to do a full (professional) shoot of the property – both inside and outside. We will also complete a form helping us to gather full details about the property so that the final description is both complete and accurate.
Note on photography: The success of the final property page that goes onto our website depends a lot on the visual impact given by the photography. On this basis, the better the property is prepared for the photo shoot, the better the sales results will be. We can provide you with a “fact sheet” that will help you prepare the property in advance of the photographs being taken.
Step 5 - Final checks and go live
The final step is that we build a web page specifically for your property. This page includes the following:
- A full description of the property
- A full set of photographs of the interior and exterior of the property (and where appropriate, some photographs of the local surroundings)
- A clear listing of the amenities in the property
- A full set of seasons and prices
- An availability calendar showing the current bookings of your property
We send you a link to this page so that you can review all of the information, and once you confirm that all is correct we hit the “Go Live” button.