Grandiose style in the Ronda Mountains
Lavish, elegant and comfortable - this mansion has classical style but with modern facilities. It is set in 70 acres of its own evergreen oak woods and olive groves.
At a glance: bedrooms: 6, sleeping: 10 to 12 || Distance: 12 km from town
Undeniable luxury from top to bottom, inside and out
Here you will enjoy blissful peace and total privacy.
Set in the hills of Ronda, it is hard to imagine a more suitable setting for this magnificent mansion. Surrounded by 70 acres of privately owned evergreen oak woods and olive groves, here you will enjoy blissful peace and total privacy.
The villa is reached by a private track through its grounds. On arrival you go through antique doors and into a glorious Andaluz courtyard, fringed by colonnades and bursting with plants and flowers. A fishpond and fountain completes the perfect setting for your welcome to this sumptuous home. Recently built, lavishly spread out over one floor, the house achieves the perfect balance between classical beauty and modern convenience, emanating undeniable luxury from top to bottom, inside and out.
A wide hallway runs the length of the central wing of the house. Leading off from the hall are the elegant dining room (boasting a graceful 19th-century English mahogany dining table and chairs), the “small” relaxing sitting room, and the incredibly spacious living room (with French windows leading out onto the terrace running along the entire length of the house). The living room looks out over the gardens and beyond to the ruins of the Roman city of Ronda, Acinipo, in the far distance.
The very well equipped kitchen (it has everything: two ovens, fridge/freezer, roasting spit, hob, fireplace/indoor barbecue, dishwasher … you name it) and laundry room, are in the west wing of the house. Also in the west wing is a “staff annex” offering a bedroom, bathroom, small kitchen and sitting room – ideal for a nanny, or it can be used as a 6th bedroom, for any guests wishing to be more independent. The hallway leads to the library, housing an extensive library, study and two bedrooms, the other three bedrooms are reachable from the covered interior terrace. All the bedrooms are doubles, all impressive, all spacious, all immaculate, all en suite.
Outside the gardens are just as exquisite.There are lawns and dining pergolas on one side of the house, formal gardens on the other. A stately stairway leads down to the next terrace with fish ponds, sitting areas and herb gardens. A few more steps down leads to the most beautiful 16 m x 6 m swimming pool surrounded by a large sun terrace, another pergola and a chill out area, complete with a bar – all furnished – providing total comfort as is fitting for this luxurious property.
Layout and Amenities
All on one floor
- Entrance courtyard
- Laundry room
- Dining room
- TV lounge
- Main lounge
- Guest W.C.
- Reading Area
- 5 bedrooms:
- (1) master bedroom with king-sized bed, sitting area and en-suite bathroom suite (bath and walk-in shower)
- (2) double with queen-sized bed, sitting area with open fireplace and en-suite shower room
- (3) double with queen-sized bed, sitting area with open fireplace and en-suite bathroom (shower over bath). Access from the courtyard
- (4) Double four-poster bed, sitting area with open fireplace and en-suite shower room. Access from the courtyard
- (5) double with queen-sized bed, sitting area with open fireplace and en-suite bathroom (bath and walk-in shower room with). Access from the courtyard
- (6) Staff rooms: twin bedroom, en suite bathroom and small kitchen area. Quite acceptable for guests if required.
- Eight open fireplaces: the main hall, living rooms, dining room and four of the bedrooms
- Central heating in the main house (NOT in the three bedrooms accessed from the courtyard; these have electric radiators)
- Industrial washing machine, dryer, iron and board
- All linen is provided
- Cot and highchair available (cot linen is not provided)
- 52″ flat screen TV
- Small collection of DVDs and CDs
- 2 electric ovens
- Electric hob (5 rings)
- Roasting spit
- Indoor barbecue
- Large fridge-freezer with ice maker
- Toaster, juicer, kettle, espresso coffee machine
- Swimming pool (16 m x 6 m, 1.2 – 2.2 metres deep) with steps at both ends
- Pool shower
- Furnished pergola with bar and chill out area
- Sun loungers
- Dining and garden furniture
- Formal gardens and terraces
- English, lawned garden
- Furnished pergola and barbecue area
- The grounds include a vineyard, olive groves and a Mediterranean garden
Bookings at this property usually run from Saturday to Saturday but please ask about flexibility outside of high season.
The pool is open all year but as it is not heated the swimming pool season is from late April to late October.
Please, no smoking in the house.
Pets are not allowed.
2 maids 2 hours per day included in the price (6 days per week).
Additional maid, babysitting and chauffeur are available on request in advance, paid locally.
|2021 Season Dates||Price
per 2 weeks
|2nd January to 26th March||6,740 €||11,450 €|
|27th March to 9th April||7,110 €||12,080 €|
|10th April to 24th June||6,740 €||11,450 €|
|25th June to 3rd September||7,480 €||14,960 €|
|4th September to 1st October||7,110 €||12,080 €|
|2nd October to 17th December||6,740 €||11,450 €|
|18th December to 31st December||7,110 €||12,080 €|
|Security Deposit:||€500 (Held against your card during your booking)|
|2022 Season Dates||Price
per 2 weeks
|Prices pending||— €||— €|
|Security Deposit:||€250 (Held against your card during your booking)|
Additional Price Details
- 20 % discount off weekly price during low and mid season for bookings of three or more weeks.
Where is this villa?
Location (time estimates are for driving unless otherwise stated)
The property is located in open countryside, 12 kms. from Ronda.
Other villages nearby: Arriate 15 mins; Setenil de las Bodegas 30 mins; Grazalema 45 mins; Gaucín 50 mins;
Beaches: Marbella 1 h 10 mins; Estepona 1 h 10 mins; Sotogrande 1 h 25 mins.
Málaga 1 h 30 mins; Jérez de la Frontera 1 h 30 mins; Sevilla 1 h 50 mins; Córdoba 2 h 15 mins; Granada 2 h 15 mins.
Málaga (AGP) 1 h 20 mins; Jérez de la Frontera (XRY) 1 h 30 mins; Gibraltar (GIB) 1 h 45 mins; Sevilla (SVQ) 1 h 40 mins; Granada (GRX) 1 h 55 mins.